callas pdfToolbox Desktop is the easiest yet most powerful PDF preflight and correction application on the market. You can fix PDF problems during preflight or with a click of the button in the Switchboard. Flatten transparency, convert fonts to outlines, convert office documents or even PostScript directly into PDF, compare versions of PDFs, visualize ink coverage… no task is too difficult for callas pdfToolbox Desktop.
Avoid production errors
With pdfToolbox Desktop you can create your own preflight (quality control) rules or you can simply depend on any of the predefined profiles that come with the software. Many of those are based on international standards such as ISO PDF/X or the Ghent Workgroup specifications. As testament to its reliability and power, the preflight engine in pdfToolbox has been licensed by Adobe for use in its Acrobat Pro product.
pdfToolbox Desktop also features full support of the Proof of Preflight standard developed by the Ghent Workgroup. Proof of preflight stores additional metadata in your PDF documents after preflight and protects the document with a digital signature. Doing this, it becomes easy to prove that the file you delivered was indeed good or that a file wasn’t inadvertently changed in your workflow.
Identify and fix problems
For those PDF files that fail quality control, pdfToolbox Desktop provides unique visualizer technology that visually highlights the severity of problems such as ink coverage overruns, low-resolution images, incorrect separations and small text or line-art. The errors are color-coded right on top of the actual PDF document so that you can easily judge how severe they are and whether they can be fixed or will require a new PDF to be delivered.
On the fixing front pdfToolbox Desktop not only has all of the power of its preflight profiles available but comes with the extremely easy-to-use Switchboard as well. The Switchboard provides tens of Switchboard actions that are ready for use and can fix many of the common problems in modern PDF files; from transparency flattening, to font outlining, adding printer marks or converting colors… you name it.
The best PDF quality control on the planet
- Full support for all ISO PDF standards: PDF/X, PDF/A, PDF/VT and PDF/E
- Full support for specifications from industry associations such as the Ghent Workgroup and PDF/X-Ready
- Reporting of problems through different types of predefined PDF reports
- Customizable PDF reports based on HTML templates for maximum adjustment to your brand and users (including easy adaptation of colors, layout, icons and logos and textual content)
- Interactive identification of problem objects after preflight
Don’t just report problems – fix them
- Many instant fixes for common PDF problems
- Run fixes individually or build them into preflight profiles
- Secured fixing by using PDF comparison technology; easily identify when a fix causes visual differences
- Build process plans: customizable lists of fixes that can be executed on PDF documents conditionally
- Fix broken documents by re-distilling (generating PostScript and distilling back into PDF) or by rasterizing each page
Customize quality control and fixing
- Insert variables into checks or fixes
- Modify values for variables whenever run in pdfToolbox Desktop
- Decide on the fly whether checks or fixes need to be run for a specific document
Handle all of your PDF needs in a single application
- Support for all PDF standards, both from international standard organizations and from national user associations
- Covers quality control, result reporting, PDF fixing and many other PDF manipulations (generating PDF from office files, conversion from and to PostScript and EPS, imposition and much more)
- Provides the freedom to work inside of Adobe Acrobat or as a standalone application (without requiring Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader to be installed)
Speed up the way you work with PDF documents
- Identify PDF problems quickly through preflight with customizable profiles
- Further qualify production problems by using the visualizer; judge problems such as total ink coverage, image resolution and separations in a single glance
- Apply pre-configured fixes to solve problems immediately
- Create lists of corrections and checks to be executed in a single click
- Batch process folders with up to 100 PDF documents
- Intuitive user interface providing functionality at different levels of complexity to support every type of user
- Smartphone alike user interface (the Switchboard) with low entrance level functionality neatly grouped by functionality
- A workspace area you can customize to contain all features you frequently use
- Tons of predefined preflight profiles, checks and fixes with the ability to customize what is there or to create your own